My Blog List

My Blog List

Thursday, June 13, 2013

training of the spirit

so training plan- check
nutrition plan- updated check

but what about mental training?  how do you prepare for the longest race you've ever run with a section that other runners say is monotonous - so I've run 18-20 miles a few times by myself without boredom or mental fatigue, completed a marathon with a long somewhat boring straight stretch down the main road in the obx- talked myself thru hard parts of races of varying lengths but what about the rumored monotony of 26 on the c&o-  I am good with being with my own thoughts- I prefer to run with myself rather than a ipod music or podcast  often enjoy chatting with others during group runs although I admit I am more of a listener.  can you train for mental part?

I finished The Longest Race this morning and Ed Ayres said that the training of the spirit has been the years already spent training and racing.  we'll see..

The Longest Race

No comments:

Post a Comment