My Blog List

My Blog List

Friday, June 21, 2013

i found the secret to strong long runs...

and it is...PIZZA!  What a great and tasty discovery! 

Last summer Sean was meeting friends for dinner or out of town for work or something for a few thursdays so I started to run out and pick up a pizza for dinner.  and then noticed that my long runs were so much better- faster stronger easier. Could this be a coink-dinky?  Don't think so anymore.  Especially after today.  We stopped for pizza wed after stand up paddle boarding.  And I ran so strong today- with about 1/2 mile to go I realized that I had pizza two days ago.  So now I know this to be true and I'm sharing it with everyone. 

Pizza (vegan pizza- thinner crust, lots of veggies and no cheese!)  two days before a long run or race.  What beautiful thing! and a beer or glass of wine is an added bonus ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment