My Blog List

My Blog List

Saturday, June 29, 2013

rationalization, justification or smart thinking

mind and body, heart and soul, thinking and feeling

I am loving my training- my runs are feeling good some not til i'm done lol but all good well, until yesterday.  my left ankle started to feel a bit over done. I've been so careful to follow the training plan, get rest days but summer is my time to play.  there is the running but also the golf and stand up paddle boarding and lunch with friends and going out with friends.  I have not yet had time to ride my bike.  but my ankle is saying enough.  my new trail shoes are 4mm drop and my regular running shoes are a 10 so i think that's the issue.  I've been careful to run shorter distances in the trail shoes but must have overdone. 

so yesterday I was supposed to run 6 but I decided to pass on the run.  not.an.easy.decision. i wanted to run but my head said rest that ankle- you will be walking at the at&t golf tournament, you have been doing lots of running and yoga and sup so rest.  it will be ok.  my heart was sad.  my soul needed the run. 

rationalization, justification or smart thinking- i skipped the run, my head won, my ankle is better- i say smart thinking. (my soul understands mostly)

1 comment: